Thursday, March 29, 2007

Spring 2007

Two major events took place last week.


The first was that the two boys graduated from pre-school (well, from their respective levels in pre-school, at least). They performed in a play and some song items. Joseph executed his lines perfectly and Benjamin...well, let's just say that his timing could have been better. On hindsight, he probably had a case of nerves. As we reviewed the pictures and tapes, we realised that Benz has his own nervous tick. Whenever he gets anxious, he starts scratching his tummy. All in all, I think the boys enjoyed themselves. I'm sorry if the pictures aren't so good. I was trying to balance a video camera in one hand and a digital camera in the other.



Joseph (left) as Yellow Daddy Pig in The Three Little Pigs.



Benjamin (middle) as Red Baby Pig in the same play.


Benjamin beginning his tummy scratch.



Benji receiving his Preschool Diploma.




Joseph the Graduate.











Two days later, we took a drive to Huis Ten Bosch in Nagasaki with some friends. Huis Ten Bosch is a scenic recreation of Holland and all things European. Tulips are in season at this time of the year and the view was spectacular. To add to that, the weather was perfect. There are quite a few little museums and the boys gave me heart attacks whenever we entered places like the glass museum or the porcelain museum. We were also given a tour and commentary of antique musical pieces. Interesting enough for adults but my elder son couldn't help himself and let out several audible yawns during the proceedings. The family had an excellent vacation. My husband and I have vowed to return, but this time without the kids.

2 Comments:

At 1:43 am , Anonymous Anonymous said...

the tulips are really pretty! I don't think I'll ever see them outside of florists here, growing out of the soil. Did I ever mention how Benjamin looks a lot like you?

 
At 6:11 am , Blogger shiz said...

u seems to lost some weight, take care ya.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home